Tuesday 15 February 2011

Lost and Found

I got up early one morning last April all excited about my new camera and decided to go and take some sunrise images further along the coast near St. Mary's Lighthouse. When I got there I was greeted by about 15 other photographers all trying to get the optimum vantage point. I quickly decided that the place was not for me and hopped into my car and started the drive back home. I decided to pull in to a little spot in Whitley Bay and came across the chair below just sitting on the beach. I took a couple of shots including one where I got a bit soggy.


View "Lost and Found" here on flickr © Anthony Dorman

Later that day I took a street portrait which reinforced my view that I was far more interested in portrait photography than landscape imagery. I will still take the odd image when I feel inspired by a scene. I think this image of the lost and found object is more of a visual metaphor about the shift in focus of my own photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment