Thursday 17 February 2011

New Years Eve Carnival 2010

I was asked if I would like to take some photographs of the Mandinga Arts carnival float by an ex colleague of mine from my Cheltenham Art Gallery days. I was given a pass and allowed to move freely amongst the carnival performers which was great as I wanted to get close to the action. Being me I soon shot into portrait mode. One thing that i was aware of was that I wanted where possible to use only the available light as I am not a huge flash fan. This presented a couple of problems straight away with regards to shutter speed and ISO. Luckily my camera can deal with high ISO very well so that I just had to deal with the changing light sources and frenetic pace of the performers - arrrgh!!!!


View the full size image on flickr by clicking here © Anthony Dorman

View the full size image on flickr by clicking here © Anthony Dorman

View the full size image on flickr by clicking here © Anthony Dorman


View the Mandinga Arts Page by clicking here and see some of their great carnival costumes and floats.
 
As you can see I am posting images that don't correspond to the date of the posts. I have quite a lot of images to post before I am up to date with my current images although some of those can be seen by clicking this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment