Sunday 27 March 2011

Alexander Millar "Working Man"

This weekend sees the launch of Alexander Millar's exhibition "Working Man" at The Great North Museum.  Alex brings the culture and history of the working man to life. His gadgies have shaped the North East, from the coal mines and shipyards to the language and humour of everyday life.

View the image on flickr by clicking here © Anthony Dorman

I have known Alex for a long time now and I am really pleased that this prestigious exhibition is gaining massive public and media interest. I would like to personally thank Alex for asking me to photograph him for the exhibition brochure and website. The candid image above was the last shot taken on a day shooting with Alex. As soon as I took this final shot I knew it was the best image of the day. This image is the inside cover image used on the official museum collection brochure.

For information regarding Alex's show follow this link. Alexander Millar: Working Man

No comments:

Post a Comment