Wednesday 13 April 2011

Film Noir Femme

I have been wanting to shoot some highly stylised images based on the crime noir books by James Ellroy. I am a massive Ellroy fan who once met the author of such great novels like The Black Dahlia and LA Confidential. When I read the books I imagine highly seductive and glamorous women of the noir films of the 40's and 50's. Actresses like Barbara Stanwyck or Gloria Grahame come to mind. I rarely use flash never mind studio lights however I knew I would have to create some strong contrast lighting to achieve the look. My long suffering girlfriend Rachael was my stunning model for the shoot which is a work in progress. I will be producing more work in this theme very soon.

View this image on flickr by following this link © Anthony Dorman

View this image on flickr by following this link © Anthony Dorman

View this image on flickr by following this link © Anthony Dorman


I have always liked film noir, as a fan of crime thrillers and high contrast photography I wanted to make the most of my stunning girlfriend and her striking  film noir vixen looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment