Monday 18 April 2011

The Tattooist

I went to the Cluny on Saturday to meet up with a friend of mine Chris Harrison as it was his birthday drinks. Everyone was outside having drinks and enjoying the unusually warm weather, its weird to be warm at 7.30PM Newcastle in April. I probably could have finished my 100 Strangers project that night with the amazing characters in attendance. I saw "Low" (as in Now and not No) and knew I had to get some images. He turned out to be a mate of Chris Harrison's and his tattooist. We chatted whilst I took some images including how he knew one of my 100 Strangers "Leon".

 © Anthony Dorman

 © Anthony Dorman

© Anthony Dorman

I'm really happy with the light and atmosphere on these images however it is the character of the subject that for me - makes these images work. Its great when you get to capture the image and character of someone who is both interesting and likable in one.

No comments:

Post a Comment